1. CSR POLICY
CSR policy encompasses “Lyra network private limited’s ” philosophy for social responsibilities and lays down the guidelines and mechanism for undertaking projects, programs and activities towards such responsibilities
2. VISION STATEMENT AND OBJECTIVE
- The CSR Policy sets out Lyra network private limited’s commitment towards ensuring that our activities extend beyond business and include initiative and endeavors for the benefits and development of the community and society. The CSR policy lays down guidelines for undertaking programmes geared towards social welfare activities or initiatives. Through the CSR policy, we propose to adopt the CSR activities mentioned below.
- The alignment with the above vision “Lyra network private limited’s ” through the CSR activities, will endeavor to enhance value creation in the society and in the community, through its services conduct and initiatives, so as to promote sustained growth for the society and community, in fulfilment of its role as a socially responsible corporate.
- The CSR policy has been farmed in accordance with the applicable provisions of the companies act 2013 and the rules issued thereunder
- The objective of this CSR policy is to:
- Online projects, programs and activities to be undertaken by Lyra Network Private Limited’s;
- Specify the modalities of execution of such projects, programs and activities.
- Monitor the process to be followed for such projects, programs and activities.
- Directly or indirectly take up the programs that benefit the communities in and around its work center and results, over a period of time in enhancing the quality of life and economics well being of the local populace; and
- Generate community goodwill for Lyra network private limited’s and help reinforce a positive and socially responsible image, through our CSR activities.
3. CSR COMMITTEE
- The CSR committee has been constituted in accordance with the provisions of the Act comprising of the 2(Two) directors. The CSR committee may invite other experts/invitees as per the requirement .
- The CSR committee shall be responsible for:
- Formulating the CSR Policy, including CSR activities and their budgets as well as the recommendation of any subsequent change/ modification to the CSR policy;
- Institute and implementation and monitoring mechanism for CSR activities
- Periodically updating the board on the progress being made in the planned CSR activities ;
- Providing a responsibility statement in Board’s report
4. CSR CELL
- The CSR cell has been constituted to assist the CSR committee with the implementation and impact assessment of the CSR initiatives. The CSR cell comprises of the following ;Mr. Christophe Mariette – ChairmanMr. Rajesh Desai – Member
Role of CSR cell
CSR shall be responsible for :
- Identifying CSR activities at the directions of the board and the CSR committee ;
- Undertaking impact assessment of the CSR activities
- Determining the modalities of execution including targets and timelines in consultation with the CSR committee;
- Timely implementation of the CSR activities approved by the board in compliance with the applicable provisions of the act and CSR rules;
- Providing periodic reports to the CSR committee on implementation as well as the assessment carried out through field visits and feedback sessions; and
- Any other assistance as may be required by the board and the CSR committee in relation to the implementation of the CSR activities.
5. PROJECT, PROGRAMS, AND ACTIVITIES
- Lyra network private limited’s had identified the following focus areas of intervention in an information technology backed/ enable environment as a such number of schools in India as may be identified by us also our sites and work situations:
- Improving elementary/rural education with the support of information technology, including providing computer literacy;
- Development of school building washroom/toilet for boys and girls in schools.
- Improve Disaster response by investing in the prime minister’s relief fund
- Improve the health and environment sustainability
- Protection of national heritage, arts, and culture
- The criteria for selecting schools/ areas where the CSR activities will be carried out will, interalia, comprise the following:
- The school should be a government/semi-government/private school
- The first choice to identify school management, local authorities, and the community to accept the technology and give their full support.
- Readiness on the part of the school management, local authorities, and the communities to accept the technology and give their full support.
- Availability of space in the school premises for toilets, solar power plants, and learning stations for elementary education through providing technology-aided group learning in an outdoor and technical feasibility
- Availability of broadband connectivity at the location.
- The Board shall ensure that appropriate designated staff or personnel provides adequate assistance(Viz. data collection, survey, quotation and costs involved, etc.) to the CSR committee to enable to make necessary recommendations to the board. For this purpose, the CSR committee may also approach external consultants for necessary assistance as it may deem fit at such costs as may be approved by the board.
- The CSR committee shall undertake sufficient due diligence of each of the CSR activities before it is implemented.
- Based on the recommendation of the CSR committee, the board shall approve the following :
- The specific CSR activities that should be undertaken from time to time;
- The amount of the CSR Expenditure on each of the CSR activities; and
- Whether the CSR activities will be undertaken directly or through an implementing agency or in collaboration with any other companies, including by availing services of any NGOs and record for the same.
- Activities undertaken in pursuance of the normal course of Lyra Network Private Limited ‘s business shall not be considered towards CSR Expenditure.
6. CSR EXPENDITURE AND ALLOCATION
The CSR spend by qualifying Lyra Network Private Limited entities for the financial year 2015-2016 shall be as per the requirements of the companies Act 2013, The entities may in compliance with the provisions of the act and the CSR Rules, including notification and clarifications issued thereunder received funds from the parent company for the CSR expenditure.
The board shall approve the allocation of the CSR expenditure on the CSR activities and, to the extent possible, shall give priority to the local areas wherever Lyra Network Private Limited had its operations.
- Baseline survey would be conducted by the implementing agency and annual reviews shall be undertaken to ascertain the progress.
- The board alone with the CSR committee and the CSR cell shall be responsible for implementation of this CSR Policy
- By implementing the CSR activities, we expect to make available sustainable energy by the elementary education through providing technology-aided group learning in an outdoor computer literacy by the provision of learning stations and general literacy amongst the children, and the availability of sanitation by providing functional toilets.
- Vehicle for implementation – We may undertake the CSR activities either ourselves or through other qualifying Non-Government organizations (NGOs) or agencies. The projects, programs,s or activities identified by the CSR committee and approved by the board shall be implemented in a project mode through the CSR cell which will entail charting the stage of execution through a planned process, measurable targets, mobilization, and allocation of budgets and prescribed timelines. It also involves assigning of responsibility and accountability. Suitable documents/ agreements shall be entered into with NGOs and other agencies for the purpose of implementation of the CSR activity, In case the CSR activity proposed to implemented through the third party agencies. The condition of the grant amount for all CSR activities and the break-up of all the allocations shall be set out and evaluated from time to time.
- To extent feasible, a projects based accountability approach to stress on the long-term sustainability of CSR activities shall be adopted, and the indicative action plan and implementation scheduled(Timelines) for the projects, programs, and activities shall be adopted
8. MONITORING MECHANISM
- To ensure effective implementation of the CSR projects, program, and activities undertaken in terms of this CSR policy, the progress of each project, program, and activity will be reported to the CSR committee on a monthly and quarterly basis with all requisites documentation.
- A quarterly report on implementation shall be submitted to the board by the CSR committee.
- The CSR committee will conduct impact studies on periodic basis, through independent professional third parties/professional institutions.
- The CSR committee shall also try to obtain feedback from the beneficiaries of the CSR projects, programmes and activities. If necessary, the effectiveness of the various programs/ activities undertaken under the CSR policy may be got evaluated through external agencies for providing the required feedback and inputs to formulate and improve the programs in the future.
9. IMPACT ASSESSMENT
- Regular and interactive feedback sessions shall be conducted at all levels including with other NGOs through which CSR activities are being undertaken as well as the respective beneficiaries of all the CSR activities undertaken by us.
- Field visits shall be conducted as a regular interval to ensure effective implementation
- Proper documentation shall be done in an MIS format to record key observations of such feedback sessions and field –visits.
- If deemed necessary by the CSR committee, the effectiveness of the various programs/activities undertaken under the CSR Policy may be evaluated through external agencies, and report shall be prepared pursuant to such evaluation
- CSR committee shall maintain proper minutes of its meeting
- The CSR committee shall prepare an annual report on CSR with such information and particulars as may be required by the acts and such and such reports shall be included in board’s report annexed to the financial statements.
- If it is observed that any CSR activity taken up for implementation is found not properly implemented, the CSR committee may, with approval of the board, May discontinue funding the project at any time during the course of implementation and use such funds for any other project.
- The CSR committee shall have the power to clarify any doubts or rectify any anomalies that may exist in connection with the effective execution of this CSR policy.
The CSR committee is empowered to attend or modify the CSR policy and such changes shall be placed before the board of its approval. The board may subject to compliance with applicable law, at any time approve, or alter or modify the CSR policy, as it deems fit to comply with the statutory obligation to undertake the CSR activities.
For and behalf of “Lyra Network Private Limited”