Indian ‘Online businesses’ with the Right Attitude to Succeed
India celebrated its 70th Republic day on 26th January 2019 and we are proud to have witnessed it having progressed this much by absorbing advancements of the modern world.
As India has come a long way since its independence, the world has seen it progress rapidly over a period.
The contributors to this success are all parts of the society that have proved to be significant for not only their own growth but also the growth of the country alike.
With their contribution to the progressive state of the country, the online businesses in India that achieved tremendous success in a short span of time are:
- Flipkart- Run by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal, Flipkart is an online shopping destination, valued at around USD 11 billion.
- InMobi- The eight-year-old company was founded by Mohit Saxena, Abhay Singhal, Amit Gupta, and Naveen Tewari. InMobi offers advertising services based on the profiles and behavior of the users and is valued at $2.5 billion.
- Snapdeal- It started as a deals site and is now an eCommerce marketplace, valued at $2 billion. Co-founded by Kunal Bahl and Rohit Bansal, the company has secured a total funding of $1.1.
- Olacabs- Mumbai-based online cab booking service Olacabs was founded by Ankit Bhati and Bhavish Aggarwal, currently valued at $1 billion.
- Zomato- It was founded by Deepinder Goyal and Pankaj Chaddah. It is an online and mobile restaurant search and discovery service providing information for 300,000 restaurants across 19 countries and is valued at around $ 660 million.
- ShopClues- It is an Indian marketplace that connects buyers and sellers online and currently, the company is valued at $500 million.
The list above comprises just a few of the companies that have gained recognition over a period in India with nothing more than taking the right steps in the right direction.
The companies aforementioned are the ones that are some of the most valued Indian Online businesses. As one treads the path of success towards one’s goals, one needs to make sure of certain things that they did differently.
Now coming to “what successful entrepreneurs or Online businesses do differently?”
Information about Indian companies that have made it to the top and have made their mark in the country is incomplete without understanding what they did differently for reaching this level of success.
There are certain things that successful businesses follow for making a niche in the industry and consequently, pave their own path toward success and some of them are as follows:
- They started the company with an innate passion and obsession with the work they were going to start with.
- Maintained a dedicated and persistent work environment with only progressive strategies every day and every moment.
- Hired only those people who were passionate about their role and job-related responsibilities that they were being employed for.
- Incorporated strategies for making sales and followed them consistently. Moreover, new strategies were made only based on past success in selling.
- They knew their core competencies and focussed on being great at them.
- They set the realistic standard for reaching their goals and not the ones that may be too absurd to start with. Hence, accomplishing every step with every short-term goal leads to achieving long-term goals in the near future.
- Embrace criticism for constructive improvisations. According to iamwire.com, Leaders who were in the lower 10% of people who asked for feedback were only ranked as 17% effective by their peers and employees. Meanwhile, leaders who were in the top 10% of people who asked for feedback received an average effectiveness rating of 83%.
- Took learnings to practical efforts. After learning certain tactics for taking business successfully ahead to the next step, these successful leaders also make efforts to apply their learned techniques for making it a successful affair. This implies that “mere/only” learning is only going to sit with the person and not going to nudge success.
- They indulge in improvisation on an everyday basis to bring value to their work constantly. Furthermore, along with the evolving trends in the industry, a businessperson must mold itself and camouflage with the ongoing methods/process of functioning.
As it is said, there is no shortcut to success and it only comes with one’s persistency, hard work, and an innate passion for the work.