Mastercard to mandate 3DS V2.2
With the main goal to improve frictionless authentication, UX, UI, and amongst other objectives, MasterCard has announced the roadmap for 3DS V2.2 Issuers and acquirers are required to support, implement and use this version of 3DS effectively from 14th Oct 2022.
Quick Overview of new features
- Frictionless authentication by offering message enhancements for fewer step-up authentications.
- It requires acquirers and issuers to support merchant app redirection, thus eliminating the need for additional cardholder interaction and improving the user experience for out-of-bound transactions.
- Offers compliant authentication methods and enables issuers to fully meet the requirements of the Payment Service Directive 2 (PSD2), Strong Customer Authentication (SCA), and Regulatory Technical Standards (RTS).
- Creates user-friendly and frictionless cardholder experience by enabling Trusted merchant listing (TML) for merchants and issuers.
- Helps merchants influence decisions by enabling 3DS requestor challenge indicators for acquirer exemptions identification.
- Enables 3DS requestor-initiated (3RI) payment authentication flow.
Process Flow for Trusted Merchant Listing
Lyra’s 3DS v2.2 solutions
Lyra’s Merchant Plug-in services are already 3-DS V2.2 compliant. The latest version of the Lyra merchant plug-in (MPI) platform will help e-commerce merchants prevent credit card frauds and boost the Digital India campaign. The platform operates on its own MPI to facilitate 3D-secure verification.
To get Lyra’s 3DS V2.2 compliant solution or to know more contact our sales team!